Monday, September 10, 2012

The Beginning of a New Adventure

Hello!

I was going to start a simple test post but why do only that?  Why not at least say something?

With my website at www.ScottHaskin.com going down with the GoDaddy crash this morning, I realized just how much I depend on the technology I have access to.  My backup for showcasing music is Soundclick.com but, they are also on GoDaddy servers and, thus, not available.  With the intention of being quite serious, I posted on Facebook that if anyone wanted to hear a demo, let me know and I would email it to them.

What?

My initial reaction was not to have someone come to the studio or send me your address and I will mail you a demo CD, it was to stay needy with the technology and email it.  Of course, I realize I have many friends and co-workers all over the world so email probably is the best option.  Still...  it seemed odd to me I stopped thinking of ways to provide content once I immediately thought of email.

I truly am happy to live in this world of amazing technology but I think it can be a double-edged sword.  Guess I am still a bit old school.  I like it that way.  Yes, I realize the irony of saying this through an internet blog!

Over the coming weeks, months, years...  I will post thoughts, talk about exciting projects whatever comes to mind.  I have had some good suggestions about content including interviews so it will be interesting to see this all develop.

I look forward to sharing with you all!
Scott

2 comments:

  1. My site is down too. GoDaddy must have gotten hit pretty hard! Their own site is down too.

    With technology so heavily integrated into our lives, it feels weird when we don't have access to it, even if only for a limited time. I think I'm going to go out for a walk now and enjoy the outdoors :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I read, looks like they got hacked. They survived the last round, seemingly untouched in July.

    I agree. I wasn't even going to update the page today, yet I feel oddly like I need to now. Probably just because I can't.

    What is this "outside" you speak of?

    ReplyDelete